[registrars] FW: Registrar Failover Working Group Invitation

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Sat Mar 18 15:34:33 UTC 2006

Tim Ruiz wrote:
>> This is purely a registrar matter
>
> Agree. Wasn't the original group he refers to just Registrars? Or did
> another group convene after this one:
> http://www.icann.org/escrow/registrar-escrow-08nov01.htm

Unknown. ICANN's interpretation of transparency doesn't include
publishing reports that always include the names of the parties to the
deliberation or consistently updating historical documents to refer to
any further developments that may have happened. The website documents
are unclear at best. Perhaps Mike Zupke could clarify this for us. As
you may have noticed from my tone, I'm not inclined to leave much as a
matter of faith when it comes to ICANNs actions as I have in the past.
Each time that we do, a slightly different interpretation gets
implemented and we're left wondering why we didn't ask more
questions...(Sorry folks, but fool me once...)

> In any event, we need to weigh in on this, although the timing seems a
> bit retaliatory. Or maybe it's an attempt at distraction?

Agree - on all three points :)