[registrars] FW: Registrar Failover Working Group Invitation

dwascher at iaregistry.com dwascher at iaregistry.com
Mon Mar 20 14:55:16 UTC 2006

A lot of this was discussed at the last ICANN meeting held in CA on the top
floor of the hotel. We had most registrars there discussing the data layout
and other operational aspects that needed consideration. The implementation
of this also took us down the path of using this data in such a way that if
a registrar went out of business or how a different registrars could import
this data in a disaster recover method.

At that time ICANN had an action item of giving us a list of escrow
companies that we would evaluate and what types of fees would be charged.