[registrars] Godaddy locks domains in for 60 days after a rant change

Paul Lecoultre secretariat at corenic.org
Mon Oct 9 11:23:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

I doubt that the migration through EPP will be easier, but that's
another discussion.

There should be a transfer working group that should meet from time
to time, but I haven't seen so far any proposal improvements of the
transfer policy, did I missed something? Any minutes?

It makes no sense to complain if the process to review the transfer
policy is still not working. On a general way, would it make sense to
add a Wiki on http://www.icannregistrars.org/ to make proposals?

Personal example of propositions:

- Enforce the obligation for the registrar to notify via email (ideally trough
   EPP command) potential gaining registrar in case of Nack with the reasons:

    "Upon denying a transfer request for any of the following reasons, the Registrar
    of Record must provide the Registered Name Holder and the potential Gaining Registrar
    with the reason for denial. The Registrar of Record may deny a transfer request only
    in the following specific instances:"

- Clarify the 60 days lock mechanisms, which includes the different remarks that
   we read the last months,

- Clarify the lock mechanisms to "secure", sometimes prevent transfers.

- Ask ICANN/registries to maintain an URL (or any other mechanisms) that will allow the
   registrants to obtain anytime their authinfos code as described in the policy.

I'm sure there are several more...

Regards,
Paul Lecoultre