[registrars] WHOIS access tiers

Chris Ambler chris.ambler at enom.com
Fri Oct 27 17:58:56 UTC 2006

Because we, and I presume many other registrars, put a lot of time into
the maintenance of systems to properly parse WHOIS information from each
and every different kind of system out there, when gathering the data
for transfers.

If, on the other hand, we all agreed to speak IRIS (dreg, for example),
gathering contact information for transfers would be much easier and
reduce maintenance costs every time a registrar changes their output
format.

Christopher