[registrars] Grave Robbing and SEDO Fencing

Lau richard at lau.com
Fri Aug 3 21:12:32 UTC 2007

Well, I'm just sitting here hypothesising.

But really Domain Hijacking is usually a form of online identity theft,
where the thief one way or another convinces the Registrar, (or the ISP
hosting the Admin Email) that he is the owner.

I'm not one to comment on NSI's security except to say that I highly respect
their senior staff and have witnessed major efforts to stamp out fraud. If
anything NSI could teach many other registrars how to protect domains. This
is a far cry from the pre-Champ M. days.

Richard

  _____