[registrars] FW: Information regarding Data Escrow

Nevett, Jonathon jnevett at networksolutions.com
Thu Aug 9 14:11:34 UTC 2007

Registrars:

The following is an e-mail message from Kurt Pritz regarding ICANN's
data escrow program.  It appears that ICANN staff has selected Iron
Mountain as the ICANN preferred provider pending final comments and a
contract.  Because a division of Iron Mountain actually is an accredited
registrar, it has supplied -- at ICANN's request -- the attached
document that shows how it proposes to address any conflicts of interest
concerns.  I should note that we all have a choice of whether to use the
ICANN provider (at ICANN's expense) or select an escrow provider of our
choosing (at our expense) that is approved by ICANN.

Please provide any comments to the list or directly to Kurt or Mike
Zupke.

Thanks.

Jon