[registrars] Information regarding Data Escrow

Nevett, Jonathon jnevett at networksolutions.com
Sun Aug 26 13:12:52 UTC 2007

Rob:  The following was one of the questions and answers in the
disclosure statement.  I agree with you that ICANN should push Iron
Mountain to de-accredit its registrar.  Thanks.  Jon

10.	If the applicant is an ICANN-accredited registrar, would it
terminate, assign, or otherwise divest itself of its accreditation?

Iron Mountain does not believe that its accreditation in the DNMS
business area is in conflict with its ability to perform the RDE
services to ICANN and the registrars.  We would request that ICANN refer
to the responses in this document about the controls and separation of
our business operations and our response on May 31, 2005 to Mr. Kurt
Pritz about our approval for accreditation.  The link to this letter on
your website is
http://www.icann.org/correspondence/johnson-to-pritz-31may05.pdf. Iron
Mountain is willing to discuss this further with ICANN to understand its
concerns but does not currently plan to terminate, assign or otherwise
divest itself of its accreditation.