[registrars] New Delhi Hotel details; OUCH!!!

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Thu Dec 20 02:20:37 UTC 2007

At 12:21 AM 12/20/2007 Thursday  +0100, GNSO.SECRETARIAT at GNSO.ICANN.ORG wrote:
>The hotel details for the ICANN meeting in New Delhi are now available at:
>http://del.icann.org/hotels

Dear Registrars:  Ouch, here comes the shocker of the century:-(

[Hey, I wonder whether the RC's contributions to ICANN will be tapped to pay for GNSO reps to go to Delhi -- at *these* prices?  We have a motion on related matters in the discussion period right now.  The whole concept of rotating through the five ICANN regions should be reevaluated if these remote third world countries don't at least have reasonable rates for accommodations.]

US$455.00/day for a single room, US$493.00/day for double occupancy.  There's probably taxes, gratuities and "service" on top of that.

Regards, BobC