[registrars] GNSO Seat on the ICANN Board

Nevett, Jonathon jnevett at networksolutions.com
Tue Feb 20 15:40:22 UTC 2007

As you probably know, the GNSO has two representatives on the ICANN
Board.  Last year, the GNSO elected Rita Rodin to serve as one of its
Board members.  The second GNSO seat needs to be filled by May 8, 2007.
The GNSO Secretariat has published the schedule below for the election.
As we did we Rita's seat, we will set up a schedule for interviews and
provide input to our councilors who will be the ones actually voting.
So far, there has been only one nomination - Dr. Bruce Tonkin.  If Bruce
is elected, we will need to fill the seat he currently holds as a
Registrar Constituency Rep to the GNSO.  The seat would have to be held
by someone outside of Europe and North America.  Thanks.  Jon

Call for nominations by members of the GNSO Council:
Opens on Monday 19 February 2007 closes on Monday 12 March 2007

Two weeks to verify and interview candidates
Monday 12 March 2007 to Sunday 25 March 2007

Start voting - first round
Monday 2 April 2007 - Monday 9 April 2007

Start voting - second round
Monday 9 April 2007 - Monday 16 April

Start voting - third round
Monday 16 April 2007 - Monday 23 April

Announce results 24 April, or before if the voting is successfully
completed.