[registrars] GNSO Seat on the ICANN Board

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Feb 20 16:46:01 UTC 2007

Hello Jeff,

It is citizen.

>From the ICANN bylaws:

"At any given time, no two Directors selected by a Supporting
Organization shall be citizens of the same country or of countries
located in the same Geographic Region."

There have been some discussions about whether true geographic
representation is achieved with this requirement, when citizens of some
countries in the Southern Hemisphere may have spent the majority of
their life in North America or Europe.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin