[registrars] John Klensin's view on Single-letter second level domains

Nevett, Jonathon jnevett at networksolutions.com
Mon Jan 22 15:27:47 UTC 2007

I support the establishment of a Working Group on this issue.  These
names are an untapped resource that should be explored.  The WG should
examine and understand whether releasing them would create any serious
technical concerns.  If not, it may be a vehicle for ICANN to achieve
the alternative sources of funding that it has discussed in the past few
approved budgets, and could provide registrars and consumers with
important budgetary relief.

Jon