[registrars] ICANN Fee Approval

Nevett, Jonathon jnevett at networksolutions.com
Fri Jul 6 18:12:55 UTC 2007

Registrars:  FYI.  Thanks.  Jon

Dear Registrar,

ICANN is pleased to announce that gTLD registrars have approved the
registrar-level fees as described in ICANN's Adopted Budget for Fiscal
Year 2007-08 http://www.icann.org/financials/adopted-budget-29jun07.pdf
<http://www.icann.org/financials/adopted-budget-29jun07.pdf>  with a
reduction in the transaction fee to US$0.20.

As of today, 541 registrars, representing over 68.29% of registrar-level
fees paid, have expressed their approval (exceeding the two-thirds
approval required). In addition, several registrars have committed to
support the fee structure but have not yet sent formal notification, so
it is expected that the percent approving will increase over the next
couple days. Even though we anticipate and still look forward additional
approvals, we thought it important to provide this notification as soon
as possible to those who might need it in their business models.
Everyone at ICANN sincerely wishes to thank each of you for your support
and your ongoing contribution to the viability of a healthy
organization.

With these fees, effective 1 July 2007, ICANN continues its efforts
toward reducing the burden of ICANN fees, while maintaining the strength
and viability of ICANN to continue in its mission and in its support for
a strong and competitive registrar marketplace. We will continue to find
ways to improve on ICANN performance and to meet your expectations. This
new budget provides additional support for registrar liaison,
contractual compliance, the deployment of new gTLDs and IDNs. If you
have specific input or ideas for how these additional resources might be
applied, please contact me directly.

Once again, thank you for your expressions of support. Please write to
me directly with any questions at pritz at icann.org.

Sincerely,

Kurt Pritz

ICANN