[registrars] Nomination for GNSO Council Seat

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Thu Jul 26 15:29:06 UTC 2007

Thank you Bob for the nomination for the GNSO Council seat, and thanks
to Jon, Ross, and Bruce for the seconds. I accept the nomination and if
elected I would represent the Constituency on the Council with all due
respect and diligence, consulting the Constituency and Executive
Committee on all relevant matters and decisions. I believe my work on
various Task Forces and as the Constituency Vice Chair and CTO over the
last three years demonstrate that commitment.

I look forward to any questions or discussion the Constituency may have
regarding my nomination.

My Conflit of Interest statement:

I am Vice President of Corporate Development and Policy for The Go Daddy
Group, Inc. The Go Daddy Group companies include eight ICANN accredited
registrars including GoDaddy.com, Inc.

GoDaddy.com is a member of the Registrars Constituency of the GNSO and I
am its Registered Representative.

GoDaddy.com is a member of the dotMOBI Advisory Group (MAG). I represent
GoDaddy.com on the MAG. I am on the MAG Steering Committee and have been
appointed by the Steering Committee to represent the MAG on dotMOBI
Policy Advisory Board (PAB). The MAG and PAB, among other activities,
are involved in recommending policy to mTLD, the dotMOBI Registry
Operator.

GoDaddy.com is also a member of the United States Council for
International Business (USCIB). The USCIB is a member of the Business
Constituency of the GNSO. Our primary interest in the USCIB is the DNS
and Internet Identifiers Working Group.

GoDaddy.com recently acquired a small interest in Afilias Limited for
investment purposes.

I do not have possession of, or access to, Registry Proprietary
Information or Registry Sensitive Information in relation to any of my
positions or appointments noted above, or through any other source or
avenue.

Tim