[registrars] RE: [RC Voting] Dues of $750 with "forgiveness" for those who choose to pay $250

Marcus Faure faure at globvill.de
Mon Jul 30 07:00:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

CORE supports a size-based member fee as long as we do not introduce weighted
voting with it. This would also include family members, meaning that only
one member of the family should have a vote (which makes it rather unlikely
that more than one member of the family would sign up). Size already plays
a more-than-it-should-have role within ICANN, we should therefore avoid
to introduce further encouragements.

Apart from that, I think it should be up to ICANN to assign a staff member
to the constituency. Thanks to the vast budget increases it should not be
impossible for them, and I believe that this supports its very mission.

Marcus