[RC Voting] RE: [registrars] Dues of $750 with "forgiveness" for those who choose to pay $250.

Nevett, Jonathon jnevett at networksolutions.com
Mon Jul 30 16:27:07 UTC 2007

Bob:

For the record, I don't think that the Bylaws project did move forward
due to any bad intent on Rob's part.  Some members may infer that by
your comments.  What happened was that we asked for members to sit on a
committee to review the Bylaws and no one stepped forward.  Apparently,
the volunteer members of the RC were too busy and saw too little value
in joining Rob on a committee, so it withered.

You also have pointed out a loophole in the Bylaws that we have had for
many years related to voting rights for affiliated registrars.  Tim Ruiz
and I mentioned it some time ago as well.  We should commend Rob, Paul
Stahura and others with a large number of registrars for not taking an
unfair advantage of the loophole to date.  If you or someone else is
willing to draft a change to the Bylaws to amend the provision at this
point, it would be most welcome.  We could address that one without
having a larger Bylaws project on our plate.

I think that this discussion underscores the importance of having a
professional staff person who can assist our volunteer membership, which
has insufficient bandwidth to deal with all of the issues on our
collective plates.

Thanks.

Jon