[registrars] Dues Structure

Lau richard at lau.com
Mon Jul 30 19:39:54 UTC 2007

Hi Jonathon,

Since my name is on Option 5, I thought I'd just comment that I'm not
opposed to a weighted voting, so long as it is weighted according to the
dues level, and not weighted according to the number of domains managed.

You could even make the $250 entry level, a non-voting membership.

Entry Level RC Membership ($250):

Current Benefits of RC Membership Not Available to Non-Members

Ability to attend closed sessions of RC meetings

Ability to sit at the table at the RC meetings with better access to the
limited microphones and power strips (new)

Ability to post and receive e-mails on the member-only list that we are
creating (new)

Ability to receive access to a list archives that are organized and
searchable (proposed)

Use of RC logo on own website

Full RC Membership ($1250):

All benefits of Entry Level, plus:

Ability to vote in elections and on motions, the budget, issue statements,
etc.

Ability to represent the RC as an officer, on the GNSO Council, the
Nominating Committee, or various task forces and working groups

Oh, and in keeping with JB's input, the Entry Level members can only eat
after the Full RC Members are finished. (j/k of course).

Richard

  _____