[registrars] .Coop Comments

Nevett, Jonathon jnevett at networksolutions.com
Thu Jun 7 14:13:56 UTC 2007

Eric:

Thanks for your response.  The sTLD sponsors are able to make policies
for their registries with or without this provision.  The proposed
unique provision for .coop doesn't change that at all.  All it would do
is permit them to seek an exemption if they don't like a community
consensus policy.  Interestingly, the other sTLDs that just went through
the contracting process (e.g., .mobi, .tel, .asia, .museum, .jobs, etc.)
did not require this provision in order to sign the agreement, and they
were satisfied with their abilities to make policies for their
communities.

If anyone else wants to file comments, send them to
coop-renewal-2007 at icann.org

Best,

Jon