[registrars] Registrar Resolution

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Wed Mar 21 01:18:27 UTC 2007

On 20-Mar-07, at 8:59 PM, Tim Ruiz wrote:

> Whereas, registrants must be protected against the potential bad
> acts of
> registries and registrars;
>
> Whereas, it is incumbent on ICANN to protect registrants against the
> potential bad acts of gTLD registries and registrars;

Agreed - I'd also like to see the second whereas quoted here to
specifically refer to ICANN's scope and mission. I don't think we're
proposing that ICANN grow arms to accomodate a new consumer
protection mandate, but that we would to ensure that ICANN fully
exercises the full extent of its responsibilities within its existing
mandate...something along these lines would probably do it for me...

Whereas, within the scope of its mission and mandate, it is incumbent
on ICANN to protect registrants against the potential bad acts of
gTLD registries and registrars;

Thanks in advance,

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
t. 416.538.5492
c. 416.828.8783
http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen