[registrars] FW: MUSEUM proposal

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Sat Mar 24 05:36:49 UTC 2007

On 23-Mar-07, at 9:58 AM, Nevett, Jonathon wrote:

> Changing that provision would be the accommodation that I am
> suggesting in this limited  case.

I'd actually prefer those arrangements over direct registration.
Given the time/place we are in, I am not sure that the original
dynamics that drove those requirements are still valid. I think it is
reasonable for a registry to own a registrar, provided that it is
done at arms length and subject to equivalent access provisions.
Forcing everyone to march to the Verisign/Network Solutions breakup
rules forever may not be in our best interests given the alternatives
- and certainly not in this specific case.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
t. 416.538.5492
c. 416.828.8783
http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen