[registrars] Conflict of Interest Statement of Bob Connelly

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Thu May 17 15:05:51 UTC 2007

Dear Registrars:

Here is my conflict of interest statement for the position of Secretary of the Registrars Constituency:

I have not been in possession of any Registry Proprietary or Sensitive Information at any time.

My statement of non conflict of interest includes the following:  including contracts of employment or personal services to a Member of the Registrars Consistency, any member of another ICANN Constituency, or other Observer to the Constituency. Such positions shall include, but not be limited to: officer, director, consultant, or employee.

For reference, here are the applicable sections of the By-Laws:

By-Laws, Section 4.6.  Conflict of Interest.

4.6.1.  Any person nominated to be an Elected Member must declare potential conflicts of interest as follows:

4.6.1.1. to the effect that such person has not been in possession of any Registry Proprietary or Sensitive Information during the 12 months prior to the announcement of any election that they have been nominated as a candidate in; and

4.6.1.2. disclosure of any conflict of interest, including contracts of employment or personal services to a Member, any member of another ICANN Constituency, or other Observer to the Constituency. Such positions shall include, but not be limited to: officer, director, consultant, or employee.

4.6.1.3. The timing of such declarations is prior to the commencement of the election process, and every six months after the election of such person. A statement of disclosure must also be made promptly at any other time that such Elected Member has reason to believe that a conflict has arisen, such person has become in possession of any Registry Proprietary or Sensitive Information, or such person has reasonable cause to know either circumstance is likely to occur within 30 days.

4.6.1.4.The disclosure shall be forwarded to the Secretary of the Constituency, who shall immediately publish it to the Registrars' Constituency website and the Registrar Constituency mailing list.

4.6.1.5. Such person shall recuse him or herself from any decision or vote on a matter giving rise to such conflict.

4.6.1.6. Failure to complete any such declaration will be deemed sufficient basis for the Constituency Executive Committee to invalidate the election or appointment of the candidate.

end quote:

If the Members should choose to elect me, I pledge to serve to the best of my ability.

One think I did not state in my prior posting of the "Role of the Secretary" relates to facilitating "good feelings" in our meetings.  In the Japanese society, all participants in a gathering are expected to maintain the "good kimochi" of the group.  Good  "kimochi" is defined as "to be happy, pleasant, feel well, be comfortable". (Romanized English-Japanese, Japanese-English Dictionary, Edited by Morio Takashashi)

Respectfully submitted,
Bob Connelly