[registrars] Discussion of Motion to adopt Tasting Position Statement [Tim Ruiz's motion].

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Wed Nov 14 16:10:37 UTC 2007

At 04:41 AM 11/14/2007 Wednesday  -0700, tim at godaddy.com wrote:
>You are right, no previous vote has taken place, and if there is better wording for the motion I am open to it.

Dear Tim:  I don't see how you can possibly state "The Registrars Constituency (RC) has not reached Supermajority
support for a particular position on Domain Name Tasting" if the RC has not made any attempt at reaching a consensus or supermajority.

My unfriendly amendment, put forth to be balloted simultaneously with the main motion, will be as follows:

Amend motion "to accept the following as the RC position statement and submit it to the GNSO Council as such, etc."

Amendment:

Inasmuch as there has been much written on domain tasting and kiting in the general RC mail list, and,

Inasmuch as there has been no definitive work or ballot to find a consensus or supermajority among ICANN Accredited Registrars,

Now, therefore, I move that a vote be taken to determine the position of the members of the Registrars Constituency on domain tasting and kiting.

Thank you, Tim, for your offer to accept this amendment as an unfriendly amendment, to be balloted simultaneously with the Main motion.

Regards, BobC