[registrars] Call for action - GNSO motion on Domain Tasting

Marcus Faure faure at globvill.de
Thu Apr 10 11:02:44 UTC 2008

While we may think that the registry income is undue, I do not see the
justification to have the funds go to ICANN. And BTW the grace period
abuse was the registries' major argument to introduce the annual raise
of the per-domain fee. When there is a financial balance for it,
the argument goes away. While I do not believe that this will cause
the stability of domain pricing, it will make it even more obvious
that the registries' justification for price increases is pointless.