[registrars] Some of the postings on "remedies" for domain tasting.

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Tue Feb 5 04:56:07 UTC 2008

Dear Registrars:

During the debates about domain tasting, Marilyn Cade and others proposed delaying newly registered domains resolving for five days.

The registrars who were in the discussion group did our best to discourage them from going that route.

Marilyn gave an example which she said provided a precedent for delayed "activation", buying a cell phone, you could not use it until you charge the battery, therefore an automatic delay.  Our side gave examples of immediate activation of cell phones.  That proposal seems to have gone away;-)

Regards, BobC