AW: [registrars] Re: RESULTS: Restart of balloting on Domain Tasting, View 1 & View 2

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Sat Feb 9 16:51:51 UTC 2008

At 09:36 AM 2/8/2008 Friday  +0100, Thomas Keller wrote:
> There is absolutely no need for determining a supermajority or analyzing the votes.

Dear Thomas:  That was my point from the very beginning.  I kept asking "where is there a requirement for a supermajority?"  Paul asked for a definition.  All the occurrences that I could find in the ICANN By-Laws, that were for something greater than a simple majority, were for a two-thirds majority, so I guess two-thirds is an "ICANN supermajority".

Certainly the RC has no requirement for more than a simple majority (with a quorum) to validate a vote on a motion.

Regards, BobC