[registrars] "Registered Representative" defined; RC Mailing list access to be limited.

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Tue Jan 15 14:49:10 UTC 2008

On 14-Jan-08, at 2:54 PM, Rob Hall wrote:

> That is why I first proposed a members only mailing list at the San
> Juan
> meeting, at which Dan Warner of Fabulous suggested upgrading to a
> forum
> type list, and then he went out and volunteered to set it all up,
> which
> is now done.  Dan did a great job getting the basic forum setup and
> operational, and Godaddy is hosting it at no charge for the
> constituency.  Thank you to both of them for that.  It would be fairly
> easy to put a front end website at that hosting account too, in
> front of
> the forum, for other constituency business.

Except now we have another place to go and check stuff - another
userid, etc.

I don't think I'll be participating in the forums. This isn't a knock
against anyone that wants to go in this direction, but I rarely use
the web for communications with other people and most of my workflow
is built up around email and RSS. The last thing I need is another
username, password and URL to remember.

Sorry guys, but this really doesn't work for me. If this is the
direction that we're moving in, great - but I really don't think that
I'll be able to play along if it is...

The easiest way to get a member only mailing list is to delete all the
non-member subscribers from this mailing list. While I appreciate the
energy that went into the forums, I really see it as a poor re-
invention of the wheel.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
t. 416.538.5492
c. 416.828.8783
http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen