[registrars] Updated Ballot on Tasting

Paul Goldstone paulg at domainit.com
Wed Jan 30 05:38:05 UTC 2008

Jon,

Thanks for the clarification.

Just throwing out a figure at this point, but 3-5% of new
registrations for the current (or previous?) month seems like a
reasonable threshold.

I also think it would be advantageous if they allowed for special
cases whereby if a registrar can prove they were hit with a bunch of
fraud, or needed to run tests, that they could get a higher refund.

For instance, Nominet (UK registry) has a 5 or 5% (whichever's
greater) limit on cancellations per month, but there is discretion if
for example you wanted to run a series of test registrations over a
short period.  ie. They would cancel the domains at no additional cost
even if it took you over the limit.

There would probably need to be limits as to how often a registrar can
use that but I think it's worth considering.

~Paul
:DomainIt