[registrars] WG: [council] Fast Flux DNS

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Thu Mar 13 21:04:15 UTC 2008

On Mar 13, 2008, at 3:54 PM, Diaz, Paul wrote:

> Aren't these simple first steps we can and should take?

I can't speak for any other operation than our own, but when we
receive information about a threat emanating from our network, we take
action to deal with it. Every responsible network operator should.

But this isn't a registrar issue - this is a *network operations* issue.

Paul - the real problem is that the good actors are already dealing
with these issues and the bad actors aren't. There are many registrars
involved with many emergency operations coordination initiatives - you
are on several, we are on several - we are on several with you. Each
of these groups has one thing in common - the banana's aren't involved.

Nothing we do here, or anywhere outside of national legislation, will
have any impact on the bad actors failing to manage their networks
properly.