Update on Root KSK Ceremony 40

Kim Davies kim.davies at iana.org
Thu Feb 13 02:02:21 UTC 2020

As an update to yesterday’s postponement:

Once we had ascertained we could not conduct the ceremony as originally scheduled, our first priority was to notify all impacted parties of the need to postpone. Once that was complete, we spent the evening reviewing our options with input from our expert staff and contractors.

Today, we held a briefing with the Trusted Community Representatives to discuss the equipment failure, our proposed approach to correct the fault, and possible dates to reschedule the ceremony. It was a very useful discussion where we explored the issues and developed a plan for moving forward.

The work to repair the malfunction is scheduled for Friday, 14 February. If this work is successfully completed on time, we expect to hold the Key Ceremony on Saturday, 15 February at 18:00 UTC. If further work is needed, we expect to know this by late Friday, and the new date for the ceremony will be announced in the upcoming weeks.

I'd particularly like to recognize the flexibility and willingness of the TCRs, our auditors, the RZM and our staff to make this happen.


Kim Davies
VP, IANA Services, ICANN
President, Public Technical Identifiers (PTI)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/root-dnssec-announce/attachments/20200213/68bf2f6e/attachment.html>

More information about the root-dnssec-announce mailing list