[RRA] [Ext] RE: RRA Amendment Notification for .BIZ, .CLUB, .COMPARE, .DESIGN, and .SELECT [ ref:_00D616tJk._5004MlgW3j:ref ]

Gemma at registry.godaddy Gemma at registry.godaddy
Thu Nov 18 22:56:03 UTC 2021

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for your timely reply. Based on our previous experiences with the RRA Amendment Process, we don’t feel there is much to be achieved with a call.

If the RrSG accepts our responses on the first and fourth points, and it is only the second and third points still in contention, we can compromise on those. In the interests of moving forward with the process as expeditiously as possible, we are willing to make the changes suggested by the RrSG to clauses 3.15 and 3.16.1 provided that the RrSG agrees to waive the second 15 day review period. Given that these changes would satisfy the last of the concerns of the RrSG, we believe that the amendments should then be considered approved and a second review period would be unnecessary.

For clarity, the changes we would make to the redlines are as follows:

Clause

Change

Text

3.13

“Registry Operator’s policies” changed to “Registry Operator Published Policies”

3.13. Restrictions on Domain Names. In addition to complying with ICANN standards, policies, procedures, and practices limiting domain names that may be registered, Registrar agrees to comply with Registry Operator’s Published Policies regarding reservation of and restrictions on the registration of domain names and applicable statutes and regulations limiting the domain names that may be registered.

3.15

Delete “and share data”

3.15. Cooperation. Registrar agrees to cooperate with Registry Operator and share data as set forth in this Agreement. In the event of any inquiry or dispute for any reason involving a domain name registered by Registrar in the Registry TLD(s), Registrar shall provide all reasonable assistance to Registry Operator and/or any Court, Arbitrator, law enforcement and governmental and quasi-governmental agencies and/or any other relevant authority considering the issue or dispute.

3.16.1

Remove clause

[CLAUSE DELETED]

Please confirm that the RrSG is willing to proceed on these terms.

Regards,

Gemma Keegan
GoDaddy Registry | Senior Policy and Compliance Officer
[cid:image001.png at 01D7DD2B.A7F8ED80]
gemma at registry.godaddy<mailto:gemma at registry.godaddy>

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.