[RRA] RRA Amendment Notification for xn--g2xx48c [ ref:_00D616tJk._5004Mr4EY3:ref ]

Catherine Merdinger catherine at donuts.email
Tue Apr 26 18:16:49 UTC 2022

ICANN,

Please find below the response of the RrSG to the proposed RRA amendment.

The RrSG would like to have the registry clarify as to whether the use of
the term "non-refundable" in Section 5(a)(iii) references the account
balance being non-refundable to the registrar, or the change is intended to
impact the respective gTLD lifecycle grace periods or any actions
pertaining to the grace periods where such paid (ex: balance credited back
to Registrar if deleted within 5 day Add-Grace Period, if under threshold -
or - balance credited for Renewal for deletion during
Auto-Renewal-Grace-Period, etc).  Put simply, we would like to understand
if "non-refundable" means that a registrar will not be refunded (or have
their deposit account credited) for a domain that is deleted during the AGP
or ARGP.

We would also like further clarification relating to the Registrar Payment
Account. What is the status of the RPA itself vis-à-vis these amendments?
Does the removal of reference to the RPA in clause 5(a)(iii) indicate that
the RPA is being eliminated, and if so, replaced by what mechanism or
payment means? What of clause 5(c)’s reference to RPA in light of the point
above? Can the registry provide further context as to how the post payment
shall be facilitated as the amendments to the agreement create a lack of
clarity.

Thank you,

Catherine
*Catherine Merdinger **| *Corporate Counsel *| *Donuts Inc. *|*
+1.319.541.9416 *| *she/her