[RRA] RRA Amendment Notification for .link [ ref:_00D616tJk._5004MtpC4w:ref ]

Vaughn Liley vaughn at nova.link
Mon Oct 17 05:48:22 UTC 2022

Morning Catherine,

Please find attached the revised redline version of the proposed RRA
relating to case number 01152917.

I would like to draw your attention to section 2.17 which we believe
addresses the Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) that are required per the
Specification of the registry agreement (RA).

*2.17 Registrar shall include in its Registration Agreements a provision
prohibiting Registered Name Holders from distributing malware, abusively
operating botnets, phishing, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement,
fraudulent or deceptive practices, counterfeiting or otherwise engaging in
activity contrary to applicable law and provide consequences for such
activities including suspension of the domain name without notice or such
other actions as may be deemed appropriate.*

In addition, we have addressed the request to incorporate the UK IDTAs
(SCCs) in our Data Processing Addendum for registrars to execute as
applicable. As an EU based business, it does not make sense for us to
include UK specific clauses and instead we propose to include the following
clause in the Data Processing Addendum.

*5b) A Party may only transfer Shared Personal Data relating to EU
individuals to outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) (or, if such
Shared Personal Data is already outside of the EEA, to any third party also
outside the EEA), in compliance with the terms of this Data Processing
Addendum and the requirements of Applicable Laws, the latter including any
relevant Adequacy Decision of the European Commission or the use of EU
‘Standard Contractual Clauses’. Where Standard Contractual Clauses for data
transfers between EU and non-EU countries are required to be executed
between the Parties, they may be found and downloaded, to be incorporated
herein as part of this Data Processing Addendum upon execution, at *
*https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc/standard-contractual-clauses-international-transfers_en*
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc/standard-contractual-clauses-international-transfers_en>*
or
as set out in the attached International Data Transfer Addendum Annex 2 (or
such link location as may be updated from time to time).*

I trust these updates meet with the approval of the Registrar Stakeholder
Group.

I look forward to your feedback.

Kind regards,

Vaughn Liley