[RSSAC Caucus] Metrics work party update

Wessels, Duane dwessels at verisign.com
Tue Oct 8 22:54:17 UTC 2019

Dear RSSAC Caucus,

Last week there was an RSSAC workshop and extended meeting of the RSS metrics work party.  We made good progress on a number of open issues, refined some of the metrics, and came up with some proposed thresholds.  The attached PDF slide set was presented at the end as a summary of what we accomplished over the two previous days.

One item for which we still do not have consensus is the RSS Availability metric.  That is, the method proposed in slide 14 of the attached PDF is still under discussion and not finalized at this time.  Look for further discussion here and/or in the google document.

Our next work party meeting is scheduled for October 17th.  Between now and then I plan to work on the document to address and resolve many of the comments that were recently added, and to make updates reflecting the decisions that we made.  We will go over the important changes then.

DW