[RSSAC Caucus] Updating RSSAC023

Andrew McConachie andrew.mcconachie at icann.org
Fri Oct 11 12:51:01 UTC 2019

Dear RSSAC Caucus Members,

RSSAC023: History of the Root Server System was published in November of 2016. The RSSAC has decided that it is time to update RSSAC023 with information that is not currently in it.

Information such as:
-The IANA transition
-Jon Postel’s DNS Root Provision Experiment
-Updated individual RSO histories
-A process for updating RSSAC023 in the future

We have a working version of RSSAC023v2.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16FaQzGJnqBsy5zk4xmLPU2v7FUqLQT8readmSYI-ve0/edit?usp=sharing>

To see RSSAC023v2 through to publication we can start discussing this on this mailing list, and if necessary schedule calls for discussion. The RSSAC Admin Committee would like to forego the heavy approach of forming a work party and instead have all discussion on this list. They would also like a Caucus member to help guide this effort, sticking with it through to publication and providing updates along the way.

If you are interested in helping to guide the work of creating RSSAC023v2 please respond to this mail and indicate your interest. Since we’re not forming a work party, if you’re only interested in working on RSSAC023v2 there is no need to respond.

Thanks,
Andrew