[RSSAC Caucus] Publication of RSSAC000v4

Andrew McConachie andrew.mcconachie at icann.org
Fri Oct 25 08:33:07 UTC 2019

> On Oct 25, 2019, at 02:35, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at icann.org> wrote:
>
> On 10/23/19 8:42 AM, Andrew McConachie wrote:
>
>> The RSSAC has recently published “RSSAC000v4: RSSAC Operational Procedures”.
>>
>> RSSAC000v4 can be found here.
>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_en_system_files_files_rssac-2D000-2Dop-2Dprocedures-2D13mar19-2Den.pdf&d=DwIGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=KNEpS67O2txk54bIz-1lXP0tI5Rmtg88Ogwh6PVSGXJyTMuY0E2SHr70jrG3fGLJ&m=Q-2shMsLqtz3b6v_rUKr0TJw-_e69sWxevENG8eZInQ&s=9-I-_fMhAiYkdLwXp8Tw6guXEzq42jql81ful2Jmj0M&e= >
>
> Thanks, Andrew. If I remember correctly from the meeting minutes, the content for the differences between v3 and v4 were approved many months ago. I think they were small and procedural for this one, but it still would be useful to know. It might be useful in RSSAC documents that we update to have an informal section describing the differences between the current version and the last one.

Hi Paul,

The big change between RSSAC000v3 and RSSAC000v4 is the move from RSSAC having two co-chairs to having a chair and a vice-chair. You’re correct that RSSAC000v4 was approved by the RSSAC in June 2019. The committee waited to publish RSSAC000v4 until the ICANN Board could approve the necessary changes to the Bylaws. Now that the ICANN Board has approved the Bylaws and the Empowered Community has not raised objection the RSSAC has published RSSAC000v4.

Hope this clarifies.

When/If the RSSAC publishes the next version of its operational procedures we can include a versioning differences section. RSSAC002 is a good example of where changes between versions are tracked.

Thanks,
Andrew