[RSSAC Caucus] Reviewing RSSAC023v2: History of the Root Server System version 2

Andrew McConachie andrew.mcconachie at icann.org
Wed Apr 8 13:29:32 UTC 2020

Dear RSSAC Caucus Members,

Thanks everyone who joined the call on Monday April 6th to discuss RSSAC023v2: History of the Root Server System version 2.

As discussed on the call I accepted many suggestions in the Google doc and cleaned it up a bit.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16FaQzGJnqBsy5zk4xmLPU2v7FUqLQT8readmSYI-ve0>

The major new edits we discussed on the call were to the following sections.
1.1 Terminology
2.11 Proposed Governance Model for the DNS Root Server System
7.2 Historical Copies of Root Name Server Information

Please review those sections specifically and if you have any suggestions please add them to the document.

There are still some formatting and whitespace issues that I need to fix in the document. I will be working on that this week and will produce a new version next week for the full 2 week RSSAC Caucus review cycle.

Thanks,
Andrew