[RSSAC Caucus] [Ext] Reviewing RSSAC023v2: History of the Root Server System version 2

Andrew McConachie andrew.mcconachie at icann.org
Thu Apr 16 09:25:24 UTC 2020

Thank you Yan and everyone else who provided input on RSSAC023v2.

I’ve commented on all of Yan’s suggestions inline below. In addition to these the following significant changes have also been made.
1) Tested all URLs and replaced any dead links with currently active links. Thanks to Patrik and Hiro for helping me with this.
2) Placed all footnotes into the same style. All links to documents now include the Title of the document linked. All linked emails now include the name of the sender and the date sent.
3) Resolved all comments on Section 7.2. Thank you Duane and Paul H.
4) Renamed all headers in Section 3 from X-Root to x.root-servers.net<http://x.root-servers.net> format.

As there are no further significant changes outstanding for this document, I would like to start the 2 week review period. Please provide any comments you may have by April 30th. After that, a final version will be prepared for a 48 hour review, and after that, the document will be forwarded to the RSSAC for subsequent voting.

Thanks,
Andrew