[RSSAC Caucus] SLA/SLE document

Fred Baker fred at isc.org
Fri Aug 7 05:27:24 UTC 2020

> On Aug 5, 2020, at 10:12 AM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at icann.org> wrote:
>
> Greetings again. In the RSSAC Caucus meeting two weeks ago, we were told that there as a document covering service level agreements and expectations on RSOs. It seems likely that the document overlaps with the extensive Caucus work on metrics and thresholds that went into RSSAC047, so it would be good if we could discuss it here in that light. Is this document moving towards the Caucus soon? Will there be a Work Party for it? Or... ?

This document is being developed by the RSOs, in the RSSAC. It quotes and references the Caucus work. It refers to the documents that have been produced by the Caucus (e.g. RSSAC047) and does not add any additional technical metrics. The GWG has the responsibility of describing the organizational structure of the RSSng. We will be offering this document to the GWG in an effort to help them with the RSO's view of what we would like to see in a future SLE and/or SLA.  It is functionally outlining our thoughts on the subject. We expect that the GWG process is likely to include public review of anything it proposes.