[RSSAC Caucus] [Ext] FOR REVIEW: RSSAC026v2: RSSAC Lexicon

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Sat Feb 1 00:48:17 UTC 2020

"I am sympathetic to the need to include a notion of topological location in the definition of instance: I don't think there's a way around it. How about we simply (he writes, hopefully) qualify "site" as topological location:

A root server instance is the portion of a root server operator's infrastructure that serves root data at one site (i.e., topological location [on the Internet]) using one of the IP addresses associated with a root server identifier.

(The bracketed text is redundant but adds clarity.)"

+1.

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​