[RSSAC Caucus] 48 HOUR LAST CALL : RSSAC002v4

John Heidemann johnh at isi.edu
Mon Feb 24 00:42:07 UTC 2020

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 13:07:27 +0000, Andrew McConachie wrote:
>Dear RSSAC Caucus Members,
>
>Thanks everyone who submitted edits to RSSAC002v4. The review period ended on Feb
>17th and I have incorporated all edits received. None of them were particularly major.
>Section 10.4 has been updated to list the major changes from v3 to v4.
>
>If no comments are received by Sunday February 23 this document will be forwarded to
>the RSSAC for voting.
>
><https://docs.google.com/document/d/1na7VpPYfo4VEBfQMHwix6I2Puohvc1hvwRh0aW1cmFE/edit?usp=sharing>

I went over the document.

We have no problem publishing num-sources-ipv6, although v4 no longer
requires it.

A strict reading of v4 actually prohibits us from continuing to provide
this information.

Two suggestions:

I suggest that section 7 be ammended to add the paragraph.

"In addition, RSOs who wish to public statistics from prior RSSAC002
versions that are no longer required may continue to do so using the
historic metrics."

(Although is the term RSO or RSI?  Maybe this is a missed change?)

The reasoning is: (1) we should already make sure we do not reuse historic
metric identifiers, so there is no chance of collison.
(2) Since metrics are an tag-value list without specified ordering,
users of the data should already handle extra names.

Thanks,
   -John