[RSSAC Caucus] [Ext] FOR REVIEW: RSSAC026v2: RSSAC Lexicon

Dave Lawrence tale at dd.org
Wed Jan 29 20:44:52 UTC 2020

Wessels, Duane via rssac-caucus writes:
> When we agreed to use RSI and I went through to document changing
> "RSO" to "RSI" in various places, ...

I'm onboard with the direction Wes has taken things but an immediately
obvious problem is that it defined two terms that both readily form
RSI as a initialism, and we all know that we'll never be able to stop
ourselves from initialisms.

One way to address this would be to establish early on that a Root
Server Identity is RSID and an instance can be just RSI.   Or maybe
change Identity to Name or Tag or something.  I'm not that particular
about it, just hoping it gets resolved unambiguously before Duane does
another search and replace.