[RSSAC Caucus] Local Perspective Work Party: Discussion of Data Repository

Renard, Kenneth D CTR USARMY DEVCOM ARL (USA) kenneth.d.renard.ctr at mail.mil
Thu May 13 19:00:14 UTC 2021

The last section of the document to discuss for the Local Perspective work party is about the data repository to store the results of the tool.  We want to set out basic requirements for a data repository without getting too deep in to the details of an implementation.  We would like to collect thoughts on the following topics on the data repository:

·         Who should own the repository

·         Privacy of data, and liability for data controller

·         Repository only listens to registered “sources”, DoS prevention

·         Availability of data for analysis and research

·         POC email (not available to researchers?) ?

Please feel free to comment here on the caucus mail list or bring ideas to the next work party meeting on 17 May 2021 at 1500 UTC .

Work party document:

            https://docs.google.com/document/d/11slZDTqrcwTwywpbi3JwHuU_FoaoN54u0f3B2UFjUv4/edit#heading=h.rzrcti6z1cve

Ken Renard

U.S. Army Research Lab

DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (ARL-DSRC)

kenneth.d.renard.ctr at mail.mil