[RSSAC Caucus] CFP for DINR 2021 workshop-Nov. 16 for early DNS research

Wes Hardaker hardaker at isi.edu
Mon Oct 4 15:48:21 UTC 2021

Greetings RSSAC Caucus members.  A bit over a year ago we held a virtual
workshop that we invited the caucus to participate in if they wished (and
some of you did come!).  This is more about the DNS and naming in general,
but certainly involves the root zone as well.  Below is the call for papers
for this years workshop:

-----

We would like to invite you to our upcoming virtual workshop on "DNS and
Internet Naming Research Directions" (DINR). We will be holding this
workshop virtually over Zoom on 2021-11-16 from 14:00 to 20:00 UTC (that's
07:00-13:00 PDT on the US west coast).

If you're intereseted in DNS-related topics, infrastructure, have early
early DNS or naming work to share, or you want to hear about other people's
work in those areas, we'd love to have you join us. The principle focus of
the workshop will be on DNS and Internet naming, particularly on open
problems, preliminary work, and tools that help both.

We're planning for a very interactive day of discussion and short talks. We
are soliciting short (1 page text + 1 page references) abstracts from
people who are interested presenting. Abstracts are due soon (October 26),
but they're short. Co-chairs are John Heidemann and Wes Hardaker (both at
USC/ISI).

For details about DINR2021, see https://ant.isi.edu/events/dinr2021/ . It
builds on last year's DINR2020, see https://ant.isi.edu/events/dinr2020/
what we learned.

In addition, we will have a short tutorial about the DIINER experimental
DNS testbed and datasets on Nov. 18. For details about the tutorial, see
https://ant.isi.edu/events/dinr2021#tutorial

Please let us know if you're interested, or register your abstract at
https://ant.isi.edu/dinr2021sub .

-John and Wes

--
Wes Hardaker