[RSSAC Caucus] Nomination Period: RSSAC Liaison to the ICANN Nominating Committee

Harish Chowdhary intern3tgovernance at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 11:17:10 UTC 2023

Dear Ozan,

*Nomination : Harish Chowdhary*

I am excited to apply for the position of RSSAC Liaison to the ICANN
Nominating Committee, as I believe it offers me the perfect opportunity to
leverage my skills and experience towards the betterment of the internet
community. With a deep understanding of the issues pertaining to ICANN and
the broader internet governance ecosystem, I am confident that I can make a
valuable contribution as RSSAC Liaison.

My experience in outreach and recruitment, along with my ability to gather
and analyze information effectively, makes me well-suited for this role.
Having been associated with the ICANN ecosystem since 2014, I have been
actively involved in the internet governance policy formulation at GAC
(India). Additionally, as a UA Ambassador and RSSAC Caucus Member, I have
contributed to the Neo-Brahmi Generation Panel and actively engaged in open
internet protocols and standards, as demonstrated by my contributions to
the Internet Engineering Task force from IETF 94 to IETF 104.

I am particularly proud of my efforts to take the Universal Acceptance
issue to the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) in 2016 in the form of a
Workshop.

This experience, along with my current research work on policy and
technology, which can be found at  HARISH CHOWDHARY (0000-0003-1621-7231)
(orcid.org) <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1621-7231> , has given me a deep
understanding of the challenges faced by the internet community.

As an RSSAC Liaison, I will act independently and in the larger public
interest. I am committed to adhering to the ICANN Code of Conduct and
maintaining the confidentiality required for the role. With my dedication
and experience, I am confident that I can make a valuable contribution to
the Nominating Committee by reading the submitted and gathered information
about each candidate under consideration and participating in both
deliberations about individual candidates. I will work diligently with
NomCom colleagues toward an overall consensus on the best possible group of
candidates to be selected.

In conclusion, my experience and dedication make me an ideal candidate for
the position of RSSAC Liaison to the ICANN Nominating Committee. Thank you
for considering my application.

Thank you for considering my application.

Thanks,

Harish chowdhary

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 4:14 PM Ozan Sahin <ozan.sahin at icann.org> wrote:

> Dear RSSAC Caucus members,
>

> It is time to begin the selection process for the Outgoing
> RSSAC Liaison to the 2024 ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom). The role
> is a one-year term beginning at the conclusion of the Annual General
> Meeting to be held during ICANN78 in October 2023. Please refer to this
> page <https://www.icann.org/nomcom2023> for more information about
> the Nominating Committee and read the NomCom Delegate Job Description
> attached. I have also copied below the relevant sections from “RSSAC000v7:
> Operational Procedures” for your reference.
>

> With this notice, a four-week nomination period via this distribution list
> is now open. Nominations or self-nominations will be accepted and require a
> second. Nominees must then accept or decline their nomination and may
> provide a statement with more context for their decision. The nomination
> period will close at *23:59 UTC on Monday, 2**4 April 2023*. The RSSAC
> will then consider the slate of candidates at its May teleconference.
>

> As you may recall, the RSSAC appointed Hiro Hotta to this role in 2022 (for
> service in 2023 ICANN NomCom). Hiro’s one-year term will conclude by ICANN
> 78, the Annual General Meeting.
>

> The RSSAC Leadership appreciates your consideration. Please do not
> hesitate to contact the RSSAC Chair and Vice Chair or support staff with
> any questions or concerns.
>

> Best,
>
> Ozan Sahin on behalf of
>
> Jeff Osborn, RSSAC Chair and Ken Renard, RSSAC Vice Chair
>

> *1.2.7.6 Outgoing RSSAC Liaison to the ICANN Nominating Committee*
>

> The outgoing RSSAC Liaison to the ICANN Nominating Committee is specified
> in the ICANN Bylaws. The term for the outgoing RSSAC Liaison to the ICANN
> Nominating Committee shall be one year. A person may only serve for three
> consecutive terms unless there are no other candidates for the position.
> The eligibility status for a previous liaison is reset one year after
> having stepped down. The RSSAC must elect the outgoing RSSAC Liaison to the
> ICANN Nominating Committee according to the outgoing RSSAC liaisons
> election procedure (Section 1.2.7.9) from the members of the RSSAC Caucus.
> The outgoing RSSAC Liaison to the ICANN Nominating Committee acts as a
> conduit between the RSSAC and the ICANN Nominating Committee reporting on
> matters that need to be coordinated or communicated between the two bodies.
> The role requires discretion, management skills, and considerable time
> commitment.
>

> *1.2.7.9 Outgoing RSSAC Liaison Election Procedure*
>

> One month prior to each election, nominations will be accepted for the
> outgoing liaison position and announced on the RSSAC distribution list.
> During the meeting that includes election of an outgoing liaison position
> on its announced agenda, additional nominations will be accepted, and all
> nominees will indicate their intentions: to accept or to decline their
> [...]

*Thanks,Harish Chowdhary,Technology Analyst*
 www.indiaig.in