[RSS GWG] Follow-up from teleconference #13

Kurt Pritz kurt at kjpritz.com
Fri Aug 28 17:35:12 UTC 2020

I’d be for an SAPF of a size toward the lower end of the range that Liman proposes: large enough to avoid some type of “group think” mentality and also provide diversity but small enough to have a conversation or discussion. As a group gets to a size of 20 and above, there are queues to speak and barriers to open communication. This type of SAPF would operate as a representative Council where each representative would consult as needed or desires by their stakeholder group.

For representation, I recommend that we consider the composition of this team, that was assembled with some thought. Board liaisons would probably be in appropriate but otherwise, I think the composition of this team appropriately reflects the ecosystem we want to manage and facilitate:

IAB Representative (2)
RSO Representative(3)
SSAC Representative (1)
ccTLD Registries Representative (2)
gTLD Registries Representative (2)
Liaison from the IANA
Liaison from Root Zone Maintainer

We might increase the RSO membership to ensure representation of diverse operating models.

Thanks for listening and best regards,

Kurt