[RSS GWG] Thoughts on costs

Ted Hardie ted.ietf at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 23:18:41 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

I've gotten some off-list feedback on our work, raising concerns that we
don't have a cost model that will make sense to folks who are trying to
review the proposal.  In particular, there is a concern about the potential
size of the grants.  As it stands now, the reader who doesn't already know
what RSO costs look like can't tell even what order of magnitude these
grants might be.

Up to now, I think we've said that this really is the business of the PRS
to manage, not the RSS-GWG.   They will hold the agreements and build the
relationships with the RSOs.  That's not the core of what we're doing
here.  Still, there is a real concern that without an order of magnitude to
think about that some folks will not be able to assess the proposal.

What do folks think about how to address that?

regards,

Ted Hardie