[RSS GWG] Report

Ted Hardie ted.ietf at gmail.com
Thu May 13 08:04:33 UTC 2021

The report from Jim on the discussions with the RSOs has come in.  The
aggregate of all RSO requests would be six million dollars.

There are a number of caveats, including two RSOs who chose not to respond,
one who gave a response that said "a fair share", and one which gave a
number but highlighted that they might well decline to seek funding at the
end of the day.  Despite the caveats, I think the response is useful
because it gives the order of magnitude we were looking for, so that we can
ensure that the financial controls match the money.  I think this is close
enough to my personal estimate that I don't think we need any major
adjustments to the model on this account, but please speak up now if you do.

thanks,

Ted Hardie