[RSS GWG] RSS GWG schedule

Verd, Brad bverd at verisign.com
Thu Oct 20 20:28:09 UTC 2022

Colleagues,

Here is a proposal for our go forward sessions that would probably take us through the end of year.  Please take a look as we will talk through this in our meeting later today.

I look forward to our discussion.

Cheers,
Brad

RSS GWG: Preparing for Washington Round
(December 6-8, 2022, ICANN offices, Washington, DC)
Pre-Washington meetings
Online meeting schedule:

  *   Thursday October 20 (1hr)
     *   Take procedural feedback on KL meeting
  *   Thursday November 3 (1hr)
     *   Discuss Chair’s report on KL meeting and any issues arising
  *   Thursday November 17 (1hr)
     *   Continue discussion of Chair’s report from KL
     *   Discuss Washington Round agenda
  *   Thursday December 1 (no meeting - travel prep)

Agenda Focus
These meetings will be used to advance a discussion on Basket 4 (process) issues. The overall goal is to assure that we are well-positioned to make best use of our time together in Washington. Substantive discussions of Baskets 1-3 will continue in Washington.

Basket 4 definition (from the Mini-Helsinki paper):

Basket 4: Process and coordination

Basket Description: Discussion on how to progress discussion of the substantive issue baskets. This would normally take place following the conclusion of a discussion cycle.

Issues for discussion include:

  *   Reviewing outputs from each Discussion Round
  *   Lessons learned from the Round just completed
  *   Tempo, scheduling, and forum selection
  *   Time boundaries for the next Cycle
  *   Changes to Basket definitions as needed
  *   Deciding when the focus of the Mini-Helsinki Process needs to shift to the next phase of development (e.g., declaring that RSS governance principles have been sufficiently ventilated to enable design of governance processes and structure; redefining Baskets to move from governance principles to governance process)

Priorities for pre-Washington (Basket 4) meetings

  1.  Obtain feedback on the process of conducting the KL Round.
  2.  GWG Chair to produce a report of the KL Round for review and discussion in time for discussion at November 3 meeting. Content may include early proposals on organizing and grouping suggested principles for discussion within each of the Baskets in Washington.
  3.  Chair to produce Washington draft agenda and meeting format in time for discussion at November 17 meeting.
  4.  GWG participants discuss and revise Washington meeting proposals as necessary and desired

Washington, DC workshop

  *   Tuesday December 6 (four 90 min sessions)
  *   Tuesday December 6 (social event - dinner)
  *   Wednesday December 7 (four 90 min sessions)
  *   Wednesday December 6 (social event - dinner)
  *   Thursday December 8 (two 90 min sessions)

Continue the substantive discussion of Baskets 1, 2, and 3.

Detailed and running order to be determined.

Focus/tasks:

  *   Assess the relative degree of support for the candidate principles under discussion.
  *   Document relative levels of support.
  *   Document divergent points of view.

Goals:

  *   Ideally - emerge with a good set of principles that could form the foundation of governance processes.