[RSS GWG] Suggested KL Discussions

ryan stephenson rystephenson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:56:39 UTC 2022

Mailing on behalf of Erum Welling.

1) As pertaining to "Basket 1".  Need to keep in mind end goals of some stakeholders, for example, stakeholders wanting to become RSOs themselves -- leading to perhaps "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".  We need to be mindful of politics attempting to be infused into the governance process. So, upfront there needs to be a discussion on whether politics will be accepted as a motivation for action; if not, the governance principles should provide proper guidance so as to keep politics out (and only technical considerations in, for example).
2) Typically the Rapporteur leads the meetings. Is that true of the Rapporteur's role for the discussion "Baskets"?

Thanks,
Erum