[Rt4-whois] Chair nominations invited for the WHOIS Review Team - Acceptance and Vice Chair

Kathy Kleiman kKleiman at pir.org
Fri Oct 22 22:58:34 UTC 2010

Dear Kim and the WHOIS Review Team,

I am honored to be nominated as Chair of this Team, and if elected, I
would be pleased to serve. My warm thanks to Kim for the nomination, and
James, Emily, Sharon and Lynn for their endorsement. As I mentioned at
the end of our call, we are a great group for the challenging work
ahead, and I am very impressed by the range of experiences and expertise
we bring together.

I would like to recommend that we also elect a Vice Chair. With the many
meetings ahead, by telephone and in person, it will be good to have a
Vice-Chair provide continuity of leadership and assist with the duties
of the Chair.

For this position, I would like to nominate Emily Taylor. Emily served
as the Director of Legal and Policy for Nominet (.UK) from 2000 to 2009.
There she led the creation of Nominet's WHOIS policy, working closely
with law enforcement and privacy regulators, as well as other internal
and external stakeholders. Emily represents the ccNSO on our Review Team
and also served as Director of Counsel for European Top Level Domain
Registries (CENTR). She is intricately familiar with the complexity of
the issues represented by the Whois from a ccTLD perspective, and brings
a wealth of experience in the challenges of bottom-up, consensus policy
processes in this area.

Best wishes,

Kathy Kleiman

Director of Policy

.ORG The Public Interest Registry

Direct: +1 703 889-5756  Mobile: +1 703 371-6846

Visit us online!

Check out events & blogs at .ORG Buzz! <http://www.pir.org/orgbuzz>

Find us on Facebook | dotorg
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/dotorg/203294399456?v=wall>

See the .ORG Buzz! Photo Gallery on Flickr <http://flickr.com/orgbuzz>

See our video library on YouTube <http://youtube.com/orgbuzz>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:

Proprietary and confidential to .ORG, The Public Interest Registry.  If
received in error, please inform sender and then delete.