[Rt4-whois] Support staff, adjuncts, etc.

Smith, Bill bill.smith at paypal-inc.com
Fri Nov 5 04:25:25 UTC 2010

I do not support a policy that institutionalizes support staff or alternates in Review Teams. Our team is already large at 15 people. Other teams are similarly sized. Doubling the size of each of these teams adds cost, logistical problems, and potentially delays our work.

I think we would be far better served by doing what is expected of us by the community; perform the review as scoped in the AoC with the people that were vetted by the community using the process published.

We are independent, but not entirely free to do as we choose, unless we choose to ignore accountability.

(In my one-time alternates in extenuating circumstances are another matter and they should be considered on a case by case basis.)